Back to forum.krosmaster.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Cemetery Park: the official spoilers
Community Manager Member Since 2013-12-16
posté June 08, 2016, 12:05:38 | #1
Cemetery Park: the official spoilers Hello everyone!

The spoiler season has officially begun. We will share the new profiles on different dates and channels, so I've created a single topic where everyone can follow the reveals even if they weren't there when the event happened.

Discussions on these new Krosmasters are more than welcome, of course.

Previously, on Beyond the Grave...

During his Letter to the Community #3, Tot has shown the profile for Sphincter Cell, and his trusty summons, the Atooins:

And today, on our Facebook page, we have revealed the Chafer Archer:

Keep your eyes peeled, this season's spoilers are coming in a semi-regular way. Have fun!  

posté June 08, 2016, 12:41:37 | #2
The Chafer Archer looks very good to me. You could use a Hazwonarm to boost 2 Chafer archers and they will have 8 range.

posté June 10, 2016, 06:46:23 | #3
So sphincter summon a random atooin? What about in the physical game can you choose?

posté June 10, 2016, 09:04:50 | #4
I think that Sphincter Cell can summon an Atooin of your choice, even if it is not specified in the card.
This is very flexible, because you can choose the Atooin-effect you need in that moment; the Atooin dies anyway at the beginning of the next Sphincter Cell turn, because of his power.

About the Chafer Archer, I see that the name is Black; probably we are in front of the next "tribal" team of Season 4, that can combine with the other Chafers from Season 3 (well, the only interesting one is Hazwonarm).
The Chafer Archer is seen as "the new Bill Tell", but this is not completely true.

We are indeed in front of a ranged piece, that can increase his range similarly to Bill Tell, but it's pretty much different... Until we use Hazwonarm as teammate In this case Chafer Archer becomes a little Bill Tell, with 2 arrows per turn to a maximum range of 8 tiles.
We used 4 levels against the 3 used by Bill Tell to get the same attack possibility (but the Chafer covers Water damage, while Bill attacks for Air... Damn Merkator, and his Resistances!).
The Chafer Archer can be good if other "tribe" members will create a great sinergy between themselves.
More of that, a full ranged team using Henual and Bakara seems even more probable than ever... Maybe we should refresh our line of sight knowledges, to get safe (or abuse of) from this rain of projectiles.

The Chafer Archer power is nice, and I hope that other Chafers from this "tribe" will decline the power to other characteristics, like MP, AP or HP (maybe even Initiative?).
It's important to notice that ALL Chafer Archer's spell will improve their range with Long Shot... So even a spell coming from a DR, with augmentable range, will take benefit from the range improvement.

The Chafer Archer's power is nice, and addresses player to a more careful timeline building to use the power correctly.
If Chafer Archer is the last in our timeline, the bonus will go to our first Krosmaster in the timeline (since she will be the "next allied Kromsaster playing after him"); or we can put in a low initiative piece to get an immediate bonus to abuse of.
Anyone can tell me a good piece, with low initiative, that can abuse of the range bonus? I'll give you a suggestion... It's an Eliatrope, is not banned and do Earth damage...  

This post has been edited by Vragar - January 21, 2017, 01:02:46.
posté June 10, 2016, 09:39:18 | #5

Quote (Vragar @ 10 June 2016 09:04) *

If Chafer Archer is the last in our timeline, the bonus will go to our first Krosmaster in the timeline (since she will be the "next allied Kromsaster playing after him");
I asked about that on the french forums and Huun said this is limited to the timeline of your team, so no transfer to the next turn, he'll only affect Krosmasters with initiative 3 or less

posté June 10, 2016, 10:29:01 | #6

Quote (wowxxxxx @ 10 June 2016 06:46) *
So sphincter summon a random atooin? What about in the physical game can you choose?

He doesn't, you can freely select which Atooin to summon every time you use the spell.

posté June 10, 2016, 11:01:50 | #7

Quote (firfidut @ 10 June 2016 09:39) *

Quote (Vragar @ 10 June 2016 09:04) *

If Chafer Archer is the last in our timeline, the bonus will go to our first Krosmaster in the timeline (since she will be the "next allied Kromsaster playing after him");
I asked about that on the french forums and Huun said this is limited to the timeline of your team, so no transfer to the next turn, he'll only affect Krosmasters with initiative 3 or less

Does it really work in this way? Please Nuuh, think back about it!
That's TOO bad... It decreases the tactical options a lot.

Could you link the french discussion firfidut? Thanks.

EDIT: already found it => Click here

It's really a sad thing... Many possibilities are cutted down by this clarification.
A little bit of "pressure" in the team/timeline building could be a good thing, avoiding players to use always the same low level characters to abuse of that.
Kivin is very happy of this, but many other characters with Initiative 4 or higher are very depressed.

2ND EDIT: ... a question coming from some italian pro-players (I've not noticed that before...). Does Distant Heritage pass on to other Krosmasters? The power says "As long as the Chafer Archer is KO" so it could be a sort of continuous effect as long as the Chafer is KOed.

I will made an example to clarify:
- I've got in my timeline Chafer Archer, Quentin Flush and Kivin.
- The Chafer Archer dies, and Quentin Flush gains the +1PO Max.
- If Quentin Flush dies, the +1PO Max bonus will pass to Kivin (since the Chafer Archer is still KO) or is wasted?
- If the bonus pass on, after Quentin Flush's death, Kivin will get the +1PO Max bonus that will fade if Kivin dies (unless there are no other allied non-Boss Krosmaster in the timeline, like another Kivin). Nuuh already confirmed that the power does not pass over the timeline... and this seems to confirm that Distant Heritage could be a continuous effect.

Is this supposition right, or the power stops to the first Krosmaster in the timeline after Chafer Archer? Could Dewit or Nuuh confirm or negate this ipothesis please?

Thanks for answering.

posté June 10, 2016, 19:20:18 | #8

Quote (Dewit @ 10 June 2016 10:29) *

Quote (wowxxxxx @ 10 June 2016 06:46) *

He doesn't, you can freely select which Atooin to summon every time you use the spell.
Wonder how the interface will look like. Would each atooin be in the spells bar or when you click on the spell will there be a popup of the atooins? Just curious.

posté June 11, 2016, 02:55:52 | #9

Quote (Vragar @ 10 June 2016 11:01) *

2ND EDIT: ... a question coming from some italian pro-players (I've not noticed that before...). Does Distant Heritage pass on to other Krosmasters? The power says "As long as the Chafer Archer is KO" so it could be a sort of continuous effect as long as the Chafer is KOed.
I think that's the point of the wording "as long as XXXXX is KO", to make a continuous, transferable effect.
Many people's first reaction to the wording was thinking resurrection would be a new game mechanic (especially fitting for chafers), but really, I think it's just as simple as getting a continuous effect from a KO'd character, and taking a wild guess, other basic chafers may probably also give other bonuses in a similar way.

posté June 11, 2016, 02:59:45 | #10

Quote (firfidut @ 11 June 2016 02:55) *

I think that's the point of the wording "as long as XXXXX is KO", to make a continuous, transferable effect.
Many people's first reaction to the wording was thinking resurrection would be a new game mechanic (especially fitting for chafers), but really, I think it's just as simple as getting a continuous effect from a KO'd character, and taking a wild guess, other basic chafers may probably also give other bonuses in a similar way.
It's also possible that the wording is simply future proofing. Whether or not there is a resurrection mechanic in season 4, this wording allows the possibility of a resurrection mechanic in a future set without having to worry about it breaking this Krosmasters or others like it.

posté June 13, 2016, 09:49:14 | #11

I will made an example to clarify:
- I've got in my timeline Chafer Archer, Quentin Flush and Kivin.
- The Chafer Archer dies, and Quentin Flush gains the +1PO Max.
- If Quentin Flush dies, the +1PO Max bonus will pass to Kivin (since the Chafer Archer is still KO) or is wasted?
- If the bonus pass on, after Quentin Flush's death, Kivin will get the +1PO Max bonus that will fade if Kivin dies (unless there are no other allied non-Boss Krosmaster in the timeline, like another Kivin). Nuuh already confirmed that the power does not pass over the timeline... and this seems to confirm that Distant Heritage could be a continuous effect.

Is this supposition right, or the power stops to the first Krosmaster in the timeline after Chafer Archer? Could Dewit or Nuuh confirm or negate this ipothesis please?

The power transfers from character to character, as the effect is continuous. In your example, it will pass from Quentin to Kivin.

I'll go even further in the example. Imagine the end of your timeline is like this: Chafer archer, Quentin, Royal Gobball, Kivin.

1) When the Chafer dies, the first character after him is Quentin, which gets the +1 range.

2) Now Quentin dies. The next character on the timeline is the Royal Gobball, but since he's a Boss, he can't receive the bonus. So we "skip" him and look for the next eligible character, which is Kivin. Kivin gets the bonus.

3) And then Kivin dies (somehow you haven't lost the game yet). Since there are no more characters that are both after the Chafer on the timeline and not a Boss, the power can't be applied to anyone. It doesn't "loop" back to the beginning of the timeline.

I hope this is clear enough.  

posté June 13, 2016, 13:10:26 | #12
Crystal clear Dewit. Thanks.  

posté June 21, 2016, 14:51:30 | #13
Slight update, if you're not up to date with our latest spoilers.

First, we had a featured article with Friar Tubs and the monks:

And fresh off the press, decided by popular vote, here's the Mopy King:

posté June 22, 2016, 18:02:22 | #14
It's a level 4 Anna!

posté June 25, 2016, 13:44:30 | #15

Quote (OneBigHullabaloo @ 22 June 2016 18:02) *
It's a level 4 Anna!
Had the exact same feeling when I saw it. No special powers or powerful attacks or even a species we can use, like undead or something... :-(

lots of HP and MP though...

This post has been edited by GrimackReapum - January 21, 2017, 01:02:46.
posté July 07, 2016, 12:11:11 | #16
So last week was the Nun's turn to shine:

And we just put the winner of our community vote on Facebook, here is the Elite Chafer:

posté July 08, 2016, 16:29:16 | #17
He definitely looks like a good figurine. Tombstones plus Otomai will surely be tried.

Because I'm a online player and don't really know the rules let me have two little questions: The Nun and the Elite Chafer together let me summon 8 Tombstones altogether?
And do I need a target for Death Hand?

posté July 09, 2016, 04:36:49 | #18
That's not the way the rules work. They work like this: The individual limits are the same but the combined limit matches the most either Krosmaster can summon.

Example:
Queen of the Tofus (3) Tofus
Royal Tofu (4) Tofus

If you had these two on your team you could summon a total of 4, but Queen could only summon 3 of them.

posté July 09, 2016, 10:37:46 | #19
Wrong. The limit is team-based for mobs, but summoner-based for mechanisms.

Source: Comprehensive Rules.

posté July 11, 2016, 03:33:28 | #20
Yeah, I was thinkin MOBs, what he said.

posté July 16, 2016, 14:42:30 | #21
I had this spoiler hidden under the table so I could give it to you during the World Championship. I wouldn't let you go too long without a spoiler, am I?

posté July 16, 2016, 17:15:44 | #22
This is an amazing figure!

A question on wording:

If the target of Happy Tunnel is a free cell to begin with, does he still move there?

posté July 17, 2016, 17:10:01 | #23
... I don't think so.
It's the same for Minotoror from Season 3; the Tofu summoned with Tofu Throwing is put in play only if the targeted cell is now freed from obstacles.

In the same way, I think that Persee Phore moves on the cell only if it was previously occupied by a target; since the target suffers "Attracts 1", freeing his cell, then Persee Phore can go into that freed cell (just as said in the text of the addictional effect).

It's indeed a powerful field manipulator! It's a sort of Poochan that works in the opposite way. Persee Phone can hit a target, attracting it back by 1, then moves behind the target's back and can push it again by 2 into our part of the field.

After this, Persee Phore still got his MP to reach a safe place, or, even if he remains exposed in the worst case, got 7HP and Armor to resist revenge attacks.

I wonder how much time will pass before Persee Phore gains his place into the Boss List.

posté July 18, 2016, 15:56:52 | #24
I can confirm it is required that someone was moved by the spell in order for the cell to be 'freed'. If the spell is used on an empty cell, Persee will not get teleported there.

posté July 19, 2016, 10:10:52 | #25

Quote (Vragar @ 17 July 2016 17:10) *
... I don't think so.
It's the same for Minotoror from Season 3; the Tofu summoned with Tofu Throwing is put in play only if the targeted cell is now freed from obstacles.

In the same way, I think that Persee Phore moves on the cell only if it was previously occupied by a target; since the target suffers "Attracts 1", freeing his cell, then Persee Phore can go into that freed cell (just as said in the text of the addictional effect).

It's indeed a powerful field manipulator! It's a sort of Poochan that works in the opposite way. Persee Phone can hit a target, attracting it back by 1, then moves behind the target's back and can push it again by 2 into our part of the field.

After this, Persee Phore still got his MP to reach a safe place, or, even if he remains exposed in the worst case, got 7HP and Armor to resist revenge attacks.

I wonder how much time will pass before Persee Phore gains his place into the Boss List.
Interesting, I do not understand French, but the English card does not mention anything like "freed" and I really could play Minotoror so that it can just throw Tofus around...

"Put a Tofu in play on the targeted cell." If it would have to be free, it should have been: "Put a Tofu in play on the targeted freed cell." like Persee Phore above.

posté July 19, 2016, 17:10:15 | #26
The English version was misprinted, unfortunately. The version in other languages (including French) are correct: the Minotoror must "free" a cell by pushing the target before summoning a Tofu. No pushed target, no freed cell, no Tofu.

posté July 19, 2016, 23:38:21 | #27
I've posted the two different cards by purpose.
I know that the English one is wrong; in fact I put the French version too (by the way, the Italian version is correct too).

When you become a Judge, during the lesson, the Head Judge teaches you that the French card is the referment one; if you got doubts, check the French version because it's projected directly by Ankama.
Other languages cards can be subject of errors or wrong translations.  

posté July 20, 2016, 15:58:59 | #28
So on the subject of minotoror. Will he ever be a non boss? that is the only way more people will use him with other minotors.

This post has been edited by wowxxxxx - January 21, 2017, 01:02:46.
posté July 28, 2016, 12:01:46 | #29

Quote (wowxxxxx @ 20 July 2016 15:58) *
So on the subject of minotoror. Will he ever be a non boss? that is the only way more people will use him with other minotors.

I haven't heard of any "un-Boss" process for any of the figurines. But this may change in the future, who knows?

Anyway, last time we met with a splendid Master Vampire...

... And the community's vote was in favor of seeing his cousin, the Puny Vampire. Enjoy!

posté July 28, 2016, 13:25:04 | #30
Do you guys even check your translations?
Is there any quality control at all involved?

Why does the English card say "adverse Krosmaster" when it should say "opposing Krosmaster"?

This post has been edited by Hmmmvot - January 21, 2017, 01:02:46.
posté July 28, 2016, 14:54:32 | #31
We have been proofreading this several times by different parties, and they have given it the tumbs up. This one might have slipped through. It is unfortunate if it doesn't use the same exact words as other cards, but I hope the sense wasn't too altered in the process.

posté July 29, 2016, 11:00:24 | #32

Quote (Dewit @ 28 July 2016 14:54) *
We have been proofreading this several times by different parties, and they have given it the tumbs up. This one might have slipped through. It is unfortunate if it doesn't use the same exact words as other cards, but I hope the sense wasn't too altered in the process.
The text is clear, sure.

But slip-ups like this have been confusing new players since you couldn't set a standart translation in Season 1, where we had Unfazed/Untouchable and different names for Cap/Merk powers.

Thing is, experienced players will always understand the meaning, but the word "adverse" isn't even in the comprehensive rules.

I do hope you get your proofreading routine straight.
We in the Russian community are always happy to help in case you need a fresh set of eyes!

posté July 29, 2016, 15:22:54 | #33
No, the text is not clear. You should hire a "Native English Speaker" to review your cards.

The sentence "Puts the bleeding marker on targeted adverse Krosmaster." has a couple additional things wrong with it, though one may be by design. First of the word "Puts" is incorrect as written here. If you combined both sentences and removed the period from the first sentence then you could use the word "puts", as in:

Puny Vampire heals himself of 1 Damage and puts the "Bleeding" marker on targeted opposing Krosmaster.

If you want it to be two sentences then the s should be removed and the second sentence should just be "Put the Bleeding marker on targeted opposing Krosmaster."

The next problem may be by design. Is there supposed to be only 1 bleeding marker on the board at any one time like mob tokens? If so the using the word "the" in the previous sentences is correct, it implies loosely that there is only one bleeding marker. If this is the case you might want to use the (1) symbolism used with mobs for clarity. If there are unlimited bleeding markers, then the sentence should be "Put a "Bleeding" marker on targeted opposing Krosmaster.

And of course as pointed out "adverse" should definitely be "opposing", those words have similar but not exactly the same meaning, opposing is definitely the word you should be using, not just for consistency reasons, but for correct meaning as well.

This post has been edited by -Foosninja- - January 21, 2017, 01:02:46.
posté August 02, 2016, 14:28:55 | #34
While I agree on the fact that "adverse" was not the word to use in this case, the rest of your points are misinformed, Foosninja.

* We tend to use present tense for our attack text, such as "Pierces armour", "Pushes back 3 cells", "Moves to the targeted cell".

* The two effects are separated by a punctuation because that's what they are: two separate effects. Puny Vampire would still heal himself for 1 injury even if he wasn't able to put the marker on any legible target (or if the target already had the marker). In the weird case where he would be himself under the effect of a Bleeding marker, he could still place the marker on a victim despite not being able to heal.

* Yes, the use of "the marker" was very deliberate, as there are only one marker per character. We've explained this in details in the Master Vampire spoiler. As this will be the case for all characters who uses markers, we haven't put the (1) like summons or mechanisms do; furthermore, right now we have no plans for "white named" characters to use markers to avoid any more confusion.

posté August 02, 2016, 20:05:00 | #35
Dewitt, both "put" and "puts" are present tense verbs. The situation you have here is that you've left the subject out of the sentence, thereby making it an implied subject. (You) is the sort of common and default subject and the correct present tense verb to use with (you) would be "put".

But I think I get what you're doing, your implied subject in this case is either:
The Krosmaster doing the spell.
OR the spell itself is the implied subject.

I understand what you are doing but it is a little odd as an implied subject. Particularly since it is not the piece of plastic, but rather the player who will be actually taking the action (Moving the piece, or putting token on the target figure...etc.). That's a pretty obscure usage, I suppose it may not technically be bad grammar, but certainly not main stream usage, and it is this sort of thing in your wording that leads to misunderstandings of the intent of some of the spells.

posté August 09, 2016, 12:14:22 | #36
So last week, you saw the foot soldier of the Chafer army (with a little story about its creation):

Today, if you squint hard enough, you may be able to see its invisible cousin...

posté August 09, 2016, 18:49:27 | #37
I'm surprised this Chafer doesn't have the same Invisibility power as Srammy. Once again, this one feels a lot like a re-balanced Season 1 Krosmaster (Srammy in this case), though I'm not sure whether it is really better or worse. Srammy is certainly stronger when paired with Merkator, but that +1 movement when Invisible Chafer dies is pretty powerful!

Of course, as a level 3 Krosmaster, it may not provide enough return on investment. I feel like this guy should have a second attack? Well regardless, he is at very least interesting, which is more than can be said for most of the level 3 fodder of the first two seasons.

posté August 16, 2016, 10:39:11 | #38
In case you didn't see it on our social media on Friday, here's the last (but not least) member of the Chafer family.

posté August 24, 2016, 16:00:09 | #39
Well, there was a nice feature about Lord Crow last week...

... and now, because they were never selected during the polls, it's for the monks to shine.

posté August 25, 2016, 23:44:27 | #40
wow grim preacher has really nice spells. Makes me wonder why mostly lvl 1,2 get the coolest spells/powers.....

This post has been edited by wowxxxxx - January 21, 2017, 01:02:46.
posté August 27, 2016, 03:25:35 | #41
Well after what appeared to be a nice effort to tone down OP characters in season 3, season 4 for looks like it's "Back to the old ways". More OP level 1's, so even if they do retire sets it looks like the tentpole meta is here to stay.

I have to say, I do like Lord Crow though. He's pretty tough for a level 3.

posté August 30, 2016, 16:04:12 | #42
I just can't get enough of these monks. Here, have another one!

posté September 08, 2016, 13:10:55 | #43
Alright, last but not least, the missing Monk is here:

And that was the last one! You now know every character in this new set. What kind of new teams will you make with them?

I'm also glad to announce that production is now complete on the set, and the figurines are currently travelling by boat to us. Only a bit more time and you will be able to get your hands on them...

posté September 08, 2016, 13:21:01 | #44
Aaaaaaaaaaaand the proofreading team strikes again!

Surely you meant "Lock" instead of "Tacle"?

Seriously, guys, use the community for proofreading, this is getting ridiculous.

posté September 10, 2016, 05:28:30 | #45

Quote (Dewit @ 08 September 2016 13:10) *
I'm also glad to announce that production is now complete on the set, and the figurines are currently travelling by boat to us. Only a bit more time and you will be able to get your hands on them...
I may have missed it but will it be also released online soon or after physical ones are shipped?

posté September 14, 2016, 22:27:33 | #46

Quote (StReEt-StAlKeR @ 10 September 2016 05:28) *

Quote (Dewit @ 08 September 2016 13:10) *
I may have missed it but will it be also released online soon or after physical ones are shipped?
My same question.

posté September 19, 2016, 10:35:09 | #47
It's the physical figurines that are shipped right now. For online news, I'll keep you updated.

posté October 24, 2016, 22:30:45 | #48
Hi,
When and where could we found the season 4 figs in the US?

posté November 05, 2016, 02:56:25 | #49
e-bay.

Piwate Island is available there too...if you order from Italian and Spanish sources.

posté November 05, 2016, 13:41:06 | #50

Quote (Dewit @ 19 September 2016 10:35) *
It's the physical figurines that are shipped right now. For online news, I'll keep you updated.
So where are they? Any status? It's been two months and there's not even ore-orders up anywhere.