Back to forum.krosmaster.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Ladder – How does it work?

Thread closed

posté December 12, 2012, 10:17:53 | #1
Ladder – How does it work?

Ranking

2 values can be seen in the Ladder of Krosmaster Arena: the rating and the rank
  • The rating represents how good you are: the higher it is, the better you are supposed to be.
  • The rank helps you see how good you are compared to other players. All communities are put together, no matter their game (DOFUS or WAKFU) or the server they’re from.

You are automatically ranked after completing 3 games. Depending on the result of these games, your rating will be around 1600 points.

Only random games are taken into account for the ladder. Challenges do not impact your rating.

How does it work

The ladder is based on the Elo rating system (Click here)

Each game you win will give you points, and increase your rating.
  • If you defeat an opponent of your level (with a similar rating), you will gain an average count of points (around 8 per game).
  • If the opponent has a higher rating than yours, you will gain more points. You can receive up to 16 points when the difference between your opponent and you is 400 points or higher.
  • Finally, if your opponent has a lower rating than yours, we assume that the challenge wasn’t high, which means that you’ll get less points. You will always receive at least 1 point when the difference between your opponent and you is 400 points or higher.

If you lose a game, you lose as many rating points as you opponent receives.

The game system will always try to find an opponent of your level when starting a random game, in order to keep the games balanced.

Please note:
  • When starting a random game, you cannot face an opponent playing on the same IP address as yours.
  • You also cannot face an opponent that you already competed against in your last 5 games.

The ladder also displays your count of wins, losses and withdrawals.

Tendencies

Tendencies indicate the progression of your rating points. Your count is compared to the one you had the day before, at Midnight (French time, 11pm GMT).

Leagues

The ladder is divided in 4 leagues:
  • Ruby for the best players of Krosmaster. Only those over 2000 points can get in.
  • Gold contains the players with a rating between 1700 and 2000 points.
  • Jade for the players with a rating between 1500 and 1700 points.
  • Finally, Granit for the players below 1500 points.

Seasons

The Krosmaster Arena championship is divided in 4 seasons per year. At the end of each season, the players with the highest ranks receive Kroz!

At the beginning of a new season, the ladder is reset. The perfect occasion to start anew and climb to the top!

The championship will start a few weeks after the release of Krosmaster Arena, in order to let everyone accustom to the rules, obtain figurines and prepare their teams!

posté December 13, 2012, 08:08:20 | #2

You also cannot face an opponent that you already competed against in your last 5 games.

This doesnt really work. I already faced the same opponents in a row up to 4 times.
And it is not because there are no other people searching for a random matchup. I got paired with them right after our last game ended and i clicked Rating Match

posté December 13, 2012, 14:17:45 | #3
i can confirm this

yesterday i fought 2 times in a row against a spanish guy with 0W / 0L / 0S
while i already had around 10W or more.
After the second time we joked that we are alone in Krosmaster now.
Is this technically possible?

posté December 13, 2012, 14:31:29 | #4
Maybe alone on the server, as there are several.

The pairing seems strange to me, too. I played several games one after another and my enemies were all mixed. Players that never played a game before as well as people from the top10.

I think, there are many players on the server, though only few requesting a match at the same time.

Or are people with a point difference of less than 400 points considered to be equal for the pairing?
As the won/lost points start to differ not until then.

posté January 11, 2013, 07:57:00 | #5
Dear Dev team,

You need to re-look at the matchmaking system and reformulate how you pair players together in a match. Make the system take more time to find a suitable opponent or something! You say the system checks for an opponent of equal or near equal skill, but all too often I end up facing players who have just started their first match of Krozmaster, are only using the starter figures, and have no idea how to play. While I don't mind the free ELO, it makes me feel guilty that I'm beating up on a poor newbie. And of course I don't feel nearly guilty enough to let them have the win... I lose way too much ELO to let myself do such a thing as give them free wins or take the time to coach them and lose out on moves that can cost me the game. It results in disgruntled or disheartened players who never want to touch Krozmaster again. I've had many a player tell me it was their first and last match of Kroz.

TL;DR: You need to fix matchmaking. It's wrong for a newbie's first match to be up against a player from the top 50 in the ladder.

posté July 20, 2015, 16:45:55 | #6

Quote (Troyle @ 12 December 2012 10:17) *
Ranking 2 values can be seen in the Ladder of Krosmaster Arena: the rating and the rank
  • The rating represents how good you are: the higher it is, the better you are supposed to be.
  • The rank helps you see how good you are compared to other players. All communities are put together, no matter their game (DOFUS or WAKFU) or the server they’re from.

You are automatically ranked after completing 3 games. Depending on the result of these games, your rating will be around 1600 points.

Only random games are taken into account for the ladder. Challenges do not impact your rating.

How does it work The ladder is based on the Elo rating system (Click here)

Each game you win will give you points, and increase your rating.
  • If you defeat an opponent of your level (with a similar rating), you will gain an average count of points (around 8 per game).
  • If the opponent has a higher rating than yours, you will gain more points. You can receive up to 16 points when the difference between your opponent and you is 400 points or higher.
  • Finally, if your opponent has a lower rating than yours, we assume that the challenge wasn’t high, which means that you’ll get less points. You will always receive at least 1 point when the difference between your opponent and you is 400 points or higher.

If you lose a game, you lose as many rating points as you opponent receives.

The game system will always try to find an opponent of your level when starting a random game, in order to keep the games balanced.

Please note:
  • When starting a random game, you cannot face an opponent playing on the same IP address as yours.
  • You also cannot face an opponent that you already competed against in your last 5 games.

The ladder also displays your count of wins, losses and withdrawals.

Tendencies Tendencies indicate the progression of your rating points. Your count is compared to the one you had the day before, at Midnight (French time, 11pm GMT).

Leagues The ladder is divided in 4 leagues:
  • Ruby for the best players of Krosmaster. Only those over 2000 points can get in.
  • Gold contains the players with a rating between 1700 and 2000 points.
  • Jade for the players with a rating between 1500 and 1700 points.
  • Finally, Granit for the players below 1500 points.

Seasons The Krosmaster Arena championship is divided in 4 seasons per year. At the end of each season, the players with the highest ranks receive Kroz!

At the beginning of a new season, the ladder is reset. The perfect occasion to start anew and climb to the top!

The championship will start a few weeks after the release of Krosmaster Arena, in order to let everyone accustom to the rules, obtain figurines and prepare their teams!

Where the actually ranking system?

Community Manager Member Since 2013-12-16
posté July 23, 2015, 12:01:11 | #7
These info are out of date.

To learn about the current system, you should read these articles.

Thread closed